Top food blogs

Friday, January 1, 2010

Pentuza (Rice vermicelli salad)



Happy New Year to everyone!!! May this year will be the brightest and the happiest! I wish everyone to find love and piece in their life!
I was so busy in new year's eve with cooking and baking, but I really enoyed that! I decided to cook non Uzbek recipes this year, I experimented with different flavors and tastes and tried some new sea food recipes:) Just one salad was from Uzbek cuisine-'Pentuza', actually this recipe is originated from Uighur nation. Uighurs are the close to Uzbeks with their language,customs and traditions as we live together in the past.
Pentuza is crunchy and tasty salad, which is very easily to prepare. It takes a little time, besides it is healthy!
Ingredients:
1 package of rice vermicelli (350-400gr)
3 cucumbers
3 carrots
3 cloves of garlic, mashed
4 tbsp of vegetable or olive oil
400 gr of meat cooked beforehand (just boil it in water for 2,5 hours)
some fresh chopped coriander
1 tbsp of Chinese salt
Salt to taste
1 tsp of fresh ground pepper
Put vermicelli into deep bowl, pour boiling water on it and cover the lid for 20 min. Water must cover vermicelli DO NOT cook, just put aside. After 20 min, drain out all the water.
Separately peel and grate or cut your carrots into thin, long strips, add in mashed 3 cloves of garlic, 1 tsp of salt and 4 tbsp of oil and finely but carefully mash with hands until carrots are soften a little.
Separately grate or cut cucumbers in thin, long strips. Cut also meat in thin, long strips.
Now combine all the ingredients, salt, chinese salt, pepper and mix very carefully.
Let it stand for 30 min in the fridge. Then serve and enjoy!
Yoqimli ishtaha!!!

8 comments:

  1. Hello Malika,

    Thanks for this recipe! This is just what I was looking for. I had the opportunity to try this when I was in Khiva and it was delicious. I didn't realize how easy it was to make until I tried your recipe. Thanks again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Patty, I'm really pleased with your appreciation:) It was really nice trying my recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rahmat, vaqt ajiratip qoyganiz uchun ! Bugun shuni pishirmoqchiman !

    ReplyDelete
  4. how many people does this food serve?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robiya, it depends on person, but usually about 6-7 people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Malika, thanx for this recipe. Can I use this in my coursework. When the site is ready, I will send you a link. Thank you again

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this recipe. My rice vermicelli cooked very soft and it being divided into small-small pieces when I want to mix with veggies. Is it because it was overcooked? but I boiled 20 minutes...

    ReplyDelete