Top food blogs

Monday, March 1, 2010

"Yangilik" salati (Salad "Yangilik")


In Uzbekistan we use pickled cucumbers in many different salads and meals. This salad is light and tasty, goes good with soups. Don't skip fresh chopped coriander leaves, as they give main flavor and interesting combination. I would recommend to bake potatoes, rather than boiling them, baked potatoes have more rich flavour, which is important for this salad.
Ingredients:
2 baked potatoes
4 medium sized pickled cucumbers
1 medium onion, peeled
1 can of green beans
1 cup of chopped coriander
2 tbsp of vegetable or olive oil
Salt to taste
Peel baked potatoes and cut in small cubes, slice onions thinly, then mash them with hands and add in to potatoes. Drain all the water from bean can, cut pickled cucumbers in small cubes. Mix all the ingredients together and add salt, chopped coriander and oil, mix once again. Serve and enjoy!
Yoqimli ishtaha!!!

2 comments:

  1. why don't you write them in uzbek??????

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first decided to open my blog, I decided to write it in English, because I thought and I hoped that more people could understand and could be interested in Uzbek cuisine and culture. For Uzbek people there are a lot of sources where they can find our national recipes, but for foreigners there are really few choice. It is also important for those Uzbeks, who live abroad and their new generation started to forget about out rich cuisine. I hoped that my blog will be more useful, if I would make it in English:)

    ReplyDelete