Top food blogs

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Hursh-hursh salati (Eggplant crunchy salad)


As I said earlier, I like experimenting in the kitchen, so this salad is one of my creations. I love the crunchiness of this salad. That's why I called this salad "Hursh-hursh":) It is tasty and nutritious salad, which will be good for lunch or a dinner.
Ingredients:
2 medium eggplants, sliced
1 egg slightly beaten
1 big potato, peeled and grate or cut in very thin strips
2 medium sized carrots
3 small cloves of garlic
3 tbsp of olive oil
1 tbsp of ground coriander
1 tsp of ground pepper
1 tbsp of dried greens or fresh chopped greens
Salt to taste
oil for frying potatoes and eggplants
2 tbsp of mayonnaise
Take your thinly cut or grated potatoes:

Deep fry them until crispy and gold in color. Set aside.

Soak sliced eggplants in salty cold water for 20 min, drain all the water. Dip them in egg and fry until golden color, then slice them in thick strips as in recipe "Baqlajon va pomidorli salat".
Make "Chim chi" from carrots. Just thinly cut or grate them, add in salt, oil and mashed garlic cloves and mash with hands until half soft. Set aside.
Now take your serving plate and place eggplants, potatoes and carrot. Put 2 tbsp of mayonnaise in the middle, sprinkle some dried or fresh greens (chopped) and serve. Mix all the ingredients just before eating to keep the crispiness of the salad.
Enjoy and crunch this wonderful salad of mine:)
Yoqimli ishtaha!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely salad! I am going to try this recipe since it has two of my favorite things: fried shoestring potatoes and eggplants. Thank you for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty, I also love eggplant and my husband loves fried potato, so I tried to combine our favorite things together:)

    ReplyDelete