Top food blogs

Friday, August 10, 2012

Qovurilgan yosh kartoshka (Fried baby potatoes)

Hi there everyone! I am so sorry for my long break, as always, I have so much to do! This time it's even more work, as somehow, most of my food photos are lost (don't know how????!!!!) and I have to cook all those dishes again! I need that photos for my book (I have to work on it a little bit more...). I suspect that maybe my daughter accidentally had deleted them... For the other side, maybe it's for my sake, as now I have better camera and my photos are much more beautiful!!!
Let me share with you one of my mother in law's favorite snack (photo is taken with my old camera, I have some more photos and recipes, I have to post them soon:))
 As soon as young baby potatoes are available at the market, my mother in law gets them, for cooking her favorite snack:) Though it is a little bit time taking, but still the taste worth the work:) Besides, nothing like eating those fresh, crunchy and delicious baby potatoes!
Ingredients:
500 grams of baby potatoes
half a liter of clarified butter
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Cook/boil  baby potatoes with their skin. When they are ready, drain the hot water and wash with cold water. Start peeling out their skin, and yeah it will take some time:)
Heat butter well and then deep fry potatoes in it. Fry half of all potatoes at a time, that will make them  crunchier. At the end, sprinkle with some salt and pepper. Goes well with fresh tomatoes and cucumbers:)
Enjoy that crunchy babies!
Yoqimli ishtaha!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment